Department of Thermal and Nuclear Power Engineering

Department's webpage

The department was established in 1948, named then Stem Engines and Boilers. In 1955 it was re-named Thermal Power Engineering, and in 1973 - Thermal and Nuclear Power Engineering.

Its staff currently numbers 22 lecturers /3 professors, 7 associate professors, 10 assis-tant professors, 2 senior research fellows/, and 6 supporting staff.

Scientific degree holders are 16 members, two of them - Doctors of Sciences. The de-partment has provided scientific guidance to 18 Ph.D. students.

Currently the department reads 29 courses. Its members have authored or co-authored 36 university coursebooks and 11 monographs.