Department of Heat and Refrigeration Engineering

The department was established in 1945, named at the time Heat Engineering and En-gineering Thermodynamics. From 1954 to 1956 it was was re-named respectively Heat and Refrigiration Engineering, then /1956-1983/ Industrial Heat Engineering, and /1983-1990/ Heat and Mass Transfer Technology. The department was given its cur-rent name in 1990.

Its staff now numbers 19 lecturers /4 professors, 7 associate professors, 8 assistant professors/, and 3 supporting staff.

Scientific degree holders are 13 members, two of them - Doctors of Sciences. The de-partment has provided scientific guidance to 31 Ph.D. students.

Currently the department reads 24 courses. Its members have authored or co-authored 40 university coursebooks and 3 monographs.